• if the stairs are a problem for you then we have lift access to the theatre. We’ll pop down before the show and check to see if anyone needs a hand. It’s a little bit of a rigmarole but we’re super happy to get that done for those of you that need it: accessible theatre is important to us. But it’s not a convenience thing - our stage managers are really busy getting the show on for you - if you can make your way up without assistance it’s an easy walk, so please do head on up.
• doors at KXT open 30mins before the show. Sometimes we might be a little late opening: we’re an indie venue and there’s only a few people getting stuff done. We’re super grateful to our audiences for their patience
15 mins before the show is due to start we’ll open up the foyer. We keep that closed because of the open layout of the theatre. Sometimes actors need to warm up and we want them to be able to get ready for the show.
• Seating at KXT is not reserved, and there are no bad seats! They all have great sight lines (and none of them have cushions ...) So there’s no need to queue up.
• from time to time we might start the show late. We try to make sure we start at 7.30 but sometimes everyone arrives at box office at 25 past 7 and it’s not possible to process that many tickets quickly. You could help us get started on time by picking up your ticket earlier. Why not get in when doors open at 7.00 then go buy that drink?
BUT don’t count on a late start! Mostly we get it going on time, and like all indie venues KXT doesn’t admit latecomers. NO REFUNDS for latecomers
• our FOH personnel are all volunteers. If you’re unhappy about something please don’t give them an earful! We need these kind and generous people to give up their nights and weekends to keep the theatre going and they deserve our thanks! If you’ve got a concern about KXT or the hotel then the best way to deal with that is to email us via the contact us page in the website
we like to stage shows that other venues wont do: risky unknown stuff. So sometimes they’re a bit racy with a bunch of content warnings. Or they’re new. Or it’s adult content. Don’t be offended! You can read up on the shows over on the website. It’s good to do that before you book your ticket
• KXT admits under 18s. We love our young theatre goers, and want you to fall in love with KXT and come back for years and years and years! But KXT is in the most regulated area in Sydney, so be prepared to say hi to security ++ if you’re under 30 KXT runs discount nights just for you: Thursday is our $20 for 20s, the cheapest ticket in town. Book online and bring ID.
• when we first started up not much was happening in the cross. But things are changing and there will often by bands, events or live music happening on other levels. We work closely with hotel management to control noise spill and we’re pretty sure it won’t disrupt your enjoyment of the show.
But if you do hear some distant sound we like to think of it as the sound of the cross coming back to life
• questions? Problems? Concerns? Then message us via the website. But be patient, we’re unstaffed and it can take a few days for us to get back to you
what’s that about? KXT is completely unfunded. And we want to make sure all $$ got to the artists so we’re not paying anyone to reply to your emails. It’s our investment in the sustainability of independent companies. We’re kind of like a collective, a committed group of professionals working hard - for nix - to keep the doors open. We need you to know this so you’ll be kind to us! We work very hard because we believe that artists are the life blood of a city ...and the govt won’t yet give us any money.